Old Riga Romanticism

The latest handmade empty book, b(r)ought from Old Riga in August 2020. My little brother went there, and had to go through some trouble to find this beauty. The book reminds me of my first one, also purchased in August, when the tide changed in the beginning of another thousand years. I paid for it all, with interest and everything. Little brother told me there were not that many of these books anymore, so this may be another culture form waning. Hopefully not altogether, because the benefits of handwriting are too dear to be lost. Picture was kindly taken by Mihaela M.

I have a biblical number of books already, and I have decided that it is enough. I am no longer searching or waiting for another. The whole idea has been and still is to give this kind of working a chance to flourish again. Please, give your friends and relatives a gift to remember, or keep it to yourself. I assure you that the lines will never be wasted, if you begin to write notes like these. It may offer you a different kind of tone or landscape to reflect upon, instead of and besides the daily screens that have become necessary evil in our time. This handwriting cult is one of the main themes in my work as an artist, and as it has taken two decades to reach this point, I am looking for more readers and stages to....